Happy Saturday! I saw one of my favorite retailers had a ton of really good stuff added to the sale section recently so wanted to share some of my favorites! This stuff sells out FAST! Some of the shoes are actaully new this season so I was surprised to see a lot of them on sale already! The braided sandals and heels are a favorite of mine for this season! Hope everyone is enjoying their mothers day weekend! 🙂
I asked you guys a few weeks ago what hospital essentials are needed when having a baby and I got so many good responses and things I never would have thought of! I included a checklist above that you can print out and use since I know some stuff will be thrown in your bag last minute. Obviously everyone is different and will want/need different things but I think this is a pretty good list of basics! Once baby boy is here and I experience everything first hand I will be sure to update you all on what I used! I linked everything I packed below!
- blanket- you probably don’t need this but I like to be comfy with my own
- pillow-I personally am not brining mine but I know a lot of people choose to!
- Cozy cardigan- I’m brining my barefoot dreams one
- Nursing Bra’s and Tanks- I heard its good to have both with you. I also know people bring a nursing pillow I personally am not since it’s just one more thing to bring.
- Slippers and Socks! I got slippers for $11 on amazon (linked below) and will probably just throw them out since I will be walking around a hospital in them.
- Refillable Water Cup- My giant Yeti cup is the BEST
- extra clothes, going home outfit- i am just brining a casual dress to throw on
- Nipple butter and Nipple shields- I have heard breastfeeding is PAINFUL and the nipple shields help. I also am brining THESE Silverette Nursing Cups you can read more about them on their website but I have heard amazing things about them!
- Postpartum supplies- I wont go too much into this but I linked the Frida mom kit I got below. The hospital usually has supplies for you but I have heard it’s more comfortable to bring your own.
- Personal items like Chapstick, body lotion, deodorant, toothbrush, makeup wipes, Dry Shampoo, Hair brush, and hair ties-things along those lines whatever makes you feel comfy!
- Stroller Fan- I have heard its good to have this to clip to your bed!
- Oil Diffuser- this may be something a little different then most but I LOVE essential oils so I am bringing a diffuser with me with essential oils.
- Clear makeup case- I packed all my chargers in clear cases so my husband can find stuff easily for me if I don’t feel like getting up LOL
- going home outfit
- Baby book- brining this so we can get his foot stamped!
- Pacifier- some people wait on this but our hospital doesn’t supply so I am bringing one.
- Swaddle- the hospital may have this already but we are bringing the Ollie swaddle
- Baby Blanket
- Custom Name sign for announcement pictures
- Car seat Cover- bringing this almost as a shield for when we leave the hospital
- extra long phone charger
- Nightlight- bring the Vava one linked below
- Snacks- I am sure the hospital has snacks but I am brining liquid IV for myself and some other healthy snacks
- portable speaker for music
- Amazon Firestick- to watch Netflix
- White noise machine – i heard this is a MUST for at night with baby in the hospital and also for the car ride home
In honor of Cinco de Mayo tomorrow (and because I really love guacamole) I am sharing my guac recipe and 3 ways that I spice it up a bit! I get this may not be for everyone so the original recipe is SO good too! I have had my fair share of guacamole over the years and have found that it seriously can taste so good even making the non original recipe. Some of the things I do to make it fun! I add something sweet- I have had it with pomegranate seeds but I made it with some chopped up pineapple and strawberries and it was really good! It adds the perfect amount of sweetness. I also added Feta to another version and my personal favorite- the Everything Bagel Seasoning and cucumber. This is so good on a hot day! I don’t include exact measurements below becuase it really depends on how many avocados you use and how much of each ingredient you like in it!
- Avocados (depends how many servings I usually use 6-8)
- Diced onion (red and white both work i usually use white)
- Chopped Jalapeno pepper(i use one pepper you can adjust this to taste)
- Chopped Cilantro
- Fresh Lime Juice (I use an entire lime)
- Diced Tomato (I used two small tomato’s for 6-8 avocados)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- add in some strawberries and Pineapple chopped up (or any fruit!)
- Feta Cheese sprinkled on top (its so good!)
- Everything Bagel Seasoning and Cucumbers (this is my fav)
Mix the above ingredients together and serve with Chips, carrots and celery or anything else you like!
Who else loves to win stuff?! I am SO excited to tell you guys about a really fun sweepstakes that ShopRite is hosting for your PETS! I absolutely love bringing anything home for my pets so winning something for them and not to mention items they will LOVE makes me so happy! I was so excited to learn that 99 of you can win a FurBaby box and surprise your fur babies with some fun and yummy treats and of course some stuff to help keep your house clean which sometimes isn’t an easy task with pets! Nature’s Miracle has been an absolute lifesaver the last few years in my house with my cat and dog. They have products to keep your house smelling clean and are an absolute must if you have any pets! As soon as this box arrived at my house (I think my dog smelled the treats before it even entered the front door LOL) both my dog, Blake and cat, Valentino immediately knew it was for them and were so excited to see what was inside and I can promise you they were not disappointed!
ShopRite has been my go-to for pet supplies for years now. They have an entire (huge) aisle of every pet product you can think of. Treats, food, pet toys and cleaning products just to name a few. The variety and brands offered are some of the best and there is always something new I find that I know my cat and dog will both love. It is also super convenient for me to run into my local ShopRite when I run out of pet food (let’s be real we all have run out of our pet’s favorite food and need to run out and get some quick!) No need to go to another store specifically for your pet since there are so many products you can get right in store. I usually do my grocery shopping on Sundays and it wouldn’t be a trip to ShopRite without browsing their pet aisle. The DreamBone and Good’N’Fun treats are both some of Blakes favorites, not to mention they keep him entertained!
Entering to win is super easy! You can enter for a chance to win one of 99 FurBaby boxes in the ShopRite Dreamy Pet Sweepstakes sponsored by DreamBone Chews, Nature’s Miracle Products, as well as Good’N’Fun Chews all available at ShopRite stores. You can tell from the photo above my dog literally could not wait to dig into these treats. I had to open the bag before he would even let me snap a photo! Enter for a chance to win using THIS link. To enter, submit a photo of your cat and/or dog! It’s super easy and your pets will definitely be thanking you later!
Visit the below link to learn more about the details of the sweepstakes and see what you can win. You can also visit my page on Instagram (@tnstyled) and learn more about the sweepstakes and what you can win over on my stories.
**NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. The Dreamy Pet Sweepstakes begins May 2, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. ET and ends June 5, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. ET. The Sweepstakes is open to natural persons 18 years of age or older who are legal residents of New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Delaware and Maryland and have internet access as of the date of entry. Subject to full Official Rules, available at
Visit the below link to learn more about the details of the sweepstakes and
see what you can win. You can also visit my page on Instagram (@tnstyled) and
learn more about the sweepstakes and what you can win over on my stories.