In honor of Cinco de Mayo tomorrow (and because I really love guacamole) I am sharing my guac recipe and 3 ways that I spice it up a bit! I get this may not be for everyone so the original recipe is SO good too! I have had my fair share of guacamole over the years and have found that it seriously can taste so good even making the non original recipe. Some of the things I do to make it fun! I add something sweet- I have had it with pomegranate seeds but I made it with some chopped up pineapple and strawberries and it was really good! It adds the perfect amount of sweetness. I also added Feta to another version and my personal favorite- the Everything Bagel Seasoning and cucumber. This is so good on a hot day! I don’t include exact measurements below becuase it really depends on how many avocados you use and how much of each ingredient you like in it!
- Avocados (depends how many servings I usually use 6-8)
- Diced onion (red and white both work i usually use white)
- Chopped Jalapeno pepper(i use one pepper you can adjust this to taste)
- Chopped Cilantro
- Fresh Lime Juice (I use an entire lime)
- Diced Tomato (I used two small tomato’s for 6-8 avocados)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- add in some strawberries and Pineapple chopped up (or any fruit!)
- Feta Cheese sprinkled on top (its so good!)
- Everything Bagel Seasoning and Cucumbers (this is my fav)
Mix the above ingredients together and serve with Chips, carrots and celery or anything else you like!