I asked you guys a few weeks ago what hospital essentials are needed when having a baby and I got so many good responses and things I never would have thought of! I included a checklist above that you can print out and use since I know some stuff will be thrown in your bag last minute. Obviously everyone is different and will want/need different things but I think this is a pretty good list of basics! Once baby boy is here and I experience everything first hand I will be sure to update you all on what I used! I linked everything I packed below!
- blanket- you probably don’t need this but I like to be comfy with my own
- pillow-I personally am not brining mine but I know a lot of people choose to!
- Cozy cardigan- I’m brining my barefoot dreams one
- Nursing Bra’s and Tanks- I heard its good to have both with you. I also know people bring a nursing pillow I personally am not since it’s just one more thing to bring.
- Slippers and Socks! I got slippers for $11 on amazon (linked below) and will probably just throw them out since I will be walking around a hospital in them.
- Refillable Water Cup- My giant Yeti cup is the BEST
- extra clothes, going home outfit- i am just brining a casual dress to throw on
- Nipple butter and Nipple shields- I have heard breastfeeding is PAINFUL and the nipple shields help. I also am brining THESE Silverette Nursing Cups you can read more about them on their website but I have heard amazing things about them!
- Postpartum supplies- I wont go too much into this but I linked the Frida mom kit I got below. The hospital usually has supplies for you but I have heard it’s more comfortable to bring your own.
- Personal items like Chapstick, body lotion, deodorant, toothbrush, makeup wipes, Dry Shampoo, Hair brush, and hair ties-things along those lines whatever makes you feel comfy!
- Stroller Fan- I have heard its good to have this to clip to your bed!
- Oil Diffuser- this may be something a little different then most but I LOVE essential oils so I am bringing a diffuser with me with essential oils.
- Clear makeup case- I packed all my chargers in clear cases so my husband can find stuff easily for me if I don’t feel like getting up LOL
- going home outfit
- Baby book- brining this so we can get his foot stamped!
- Pacifier- some people wait on this but our hospital doesn’t supply so I am bringing one.
- Swaddle- the hospital may have this already but we are bringing the Ollie swaddle
- Baby Blanket
- Custom Name sign for announcement pictures
- Car seat Cover- bringing this almost as a shield for when we leave the hospital
- extra long phone charger
- Nightlight- bring the Vava one linked below
- Snacks- I am sure the hospital has snacks but I am brining liquid IV for myself and some other healthy snacks
- portable speaker for music
- Amazon Firestick- to watch Netflix
- White noise machine – i heard this is a MUST for at night with baby in the hospital and also for the car ride home