Cannolis and chocolate chip cookies might be two of my favorite desserts, so combining them into one sounded like a good idea- and it was! This cannoli cream is super easy to make. I used some premade cookie dough but you can use your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe too!
This dessert combines the best of two worlds – the rich flavors of a traditional cannoli and the satisfying crunch of a cookie plus, they are easy to make! So, this is the perfect time to try making your cannoli cream cookie sandwiches.
I love that this cannoli cream it a bit lighter then your normal cannoli cream since I used some whipping cream instead of mascarpone cheese- which is what is traditionally used. I find the whipping cream gives it a lighter consistency and flavor. The ricotta also gives it a light taste too! I added little mini chocolate chips to mine too but you can also leave those out but I love em!
This cannoli cream recipe can also be used as a dip too- crush up some cannoli rolls and dip them! Or fill them up totally up to you but both are amazing- at least I think so being a cannoli lover.
You’ll agree that these cannoli cream cookie sandwiches are absolutely delicious! Cannoli cream cookie sandwiches are the perfect way to add a touch of sweetness to your life (you guys are going to love these!) So, gather your apron, and treat yourself and your loved ones to the irresistible taste of cannoli cream cookie sandwiches. Happy baking!
Cannoli Cookie Cream Sandwich
- Cookie Dough (I used Tollhouse)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 15 oz ricotta cheese whole milk
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven and prepare chocolate chip cookies. I use the Tollhouse cookie dough and bake according to the package directions.
- Add the whipping cream to a bowl and beat on low and then medium speed until the cream is starting to get fluffy (be careful not to overmix it will turn to butter.)
- In the same bowl add the Ricotta, sugar, vanilla and chocolate chips and mix together by hand.
- Add the cream to the bag, add it to each cookie and top with another cookie to make a little sandwich. Enjoy!