Nothing beats the cheesy and delicious comfort of sheet pan tacos after a long day, so go ahead and treat yourself to this simple yet satisfying meal! Trust me, this flavorful sheet pan taco recipe is a must-try if you’re wanting a quick and easy dinner option. Not only are they simple to prepare, but they’re also highly customizable to your taste preferences. You can switch up the type of cheese you use and you can also swap out the chicken for beef or turkey!
By using a sheet pan, you can cook everything in one place, from the meat to the toppings and cheese, making it a convenient and hassle-free meal option. This is also a great way to pack in lots of flavor and nutrition with minimal effort. You can add in a variety of veggies to make it a well-rounded and healthy meal. I usually ike to serve with greek yogurt or sour cream and fresh salsa!
The cheese and toppings add a delicious finishing touch that makes it feel like a treat. To be fully satisfied, serve these with sour cream and salsa as I did!
Overall, sheet pan tacos are a fun, flavorful, and fuss-free way to enjoy a classic favorite, and it’s definitely worth giving them a try!
So you guys enjoy this easy-to-follow recipe below! Let me know what you think!
Cheesy Chicken Sheetpan Tacos
- flour tortillas (I used the street tacos)
- ground chicken or beef
- taco seasoning (I used the entire packet for 1 lb of chicken
- salsa (I added about 1/4 cup to the chicken + more for serving)
- sour cream or greek yogurt for dipping
- cooking spray (I used avocado oil)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and brown the chicken. Add in taco seasoning and salsa and cook until done.
- Spray the baking sheet with cooking spray and then lay out the tacos (make sure the part of the taco that's touching the pan gets coated with oil). Add in some cheese, chicken, and then more cheese, and fold each taco in half.
- Lay a second baking sheet on top of the tacos and bake for 15 minutes with the pan on top and then remove the pan and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Watch them carefully so they don’t burn!
- Serve with all your favorite toppings + lime wedges!