If you’re a fan of McDonald’s McGriddles, you’ll be happy to know that you can recreate this delicious breakfast sandwich in the comfort of your own home. Making this copycat recipe is not only easy, but it’s also a fun way to enjoy a classic breakfast sandwich with your own spin.
First, just cook the pancakes on a griddle or in a pan, i used the lid to a mason jar to make them round but you can also use a heat resistant cookie cutter. Next, prepare the sausage patties by cooking them in a pan over medium heat until they’re browned and cooked through. Then, put cheese on top of each patty and let it melt. Finally, place a sausage patty with melted cheese in between two pancake buns. You can also add bacon, ham, or any other toppings of your choice. There you go, enjoy your homemade McGriddle! So simple!
Making a copycat Mcdonald’s Mcgriddle at home is an easier and healthier option than buying it from the fast-food chain. Try making it for yourself and see just how delicious a homemade McGriddle can be. Mine came out so good!
Copycat McDonald’s McGriddle
- 1 tbsp milk
- Pancake butter (I used boxed enough for 6 pancakes)
- Sausage patties (I like the Applegate Farms ones)
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 slices cheese
- Spray a frying pan with cooking spray and lay out the outer part of the lid of two mason jars (you can also use a round cookie cutter, make sure they are safe to use on hot a pan though)
- Make the pancakes and set aside. Prepare your eggs by scrambling them together and adding the milk. Add a pot of butter to a pan and allow to heat up. Add the eggs and cook so they are flat and then fold in half.
- Put together the sandwich by adding a little maple syrup to each pancake and then adding the egg, cheese, and sausage. Enjoy!