Let’s Taco ’bout This Mouth-Watering Recipe: Taco Pie!
One thing that many people may not know about taco pie is that it can be a surprisingly healthy dish if you’ll make it with the right ingredients. You can use lean ground beef or turkey, whole-grain or gluten-free crust, and plenty of fresh vegetables so you can significantly reduce the calorie and fat content of the dish while still retaining its delicious flavor.
Another thing that you might not know yet about taco pie is that you can any ingredients that you want that suit your dietary needs and preferences, such as vegetarian, vegan, or dairy-free, by using alternative ingredients such as plant-based protein, dairy-free cheese, or tofu.
Overall, taco pie is indeed a versatile and delicious dish you can enjoy in many ways while providing you with nutritional advantages. So whenever you are in the mood for taco pie, you can always make one with my healthy and easy-to-follow recipe.
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 1 Pkt Taco seasoning
- 8 oz Shredded cheese
- 4 Extra large flour tortillas
- Toppings: lettuce, salsa, sour cream, olives, jalapenos, tomato
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown your ground meat until no longer pink, drain off the grease, and add in taco seasoning.
- Begin layering the taco pie. In a 9-inch pie pan take one flour tortilla and form the bottom crust leaving any excess tortilla shell to climb up the sides.
- Add a layer of meat and cheese with a tortilla on top and then add the other half of the meat and cheese.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes and add your toppings. Enjoy!