Making soft pretzel bites is actually super fun and its worth a try! You won’t believe how easy this is to make which involves mixing a few simple ingredients together, shaping the dough into small bite-sized pieces, boiling them briefly in a baking soda and water mixture to give them their distinctive “soft pretzel” flavor and texture, and then baking them until golden brown. I also love that you can use pre made biscuit dough to make these! Makes them super easy to make and you can even customize them- I used salt this time but you can make cinnamon sugar ones or even everything seasoning pretzel bites!
Then we can go to the best part! We will be enjoying the warm, soft, and chewy pretzel bites fresh out of the oven, either on their own or dipped into our favorite sauce – mustard’s my favorite.
So why not give soft pretzel bites a try? You’ll have a delicious snack or appetizer to enjoy in no time!
Soft Pretzel Bites
- 1 can biscuit dough
- coarse salt
- 2 tsp baking soda (for boiling)
- egg for egg wash
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and boil a pot of water with added baking soda. Roll the biscuit dough out and cut it into mini bite-sized pieces.
- Add the biscuit dough pieces to the boiling water and take them out when they float to the top. This only takes about 15-25 seconds.
- Spread them out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush with egg wash and add salt.
- Bake them for about 25-32 minutes or until they start to brown. Serve with mustard and enjoy!