Every year without fail I eat half a tray of sweet potato casserole because it is just SO GOOD! And really what other time during the year can I eat this. I was thinking the other day though if I can make an easy version of sweet potato casserole that didn’t require me baking + mashing all the potatoes and then baking it longer and then having tons of leftovers maybe I would make this throughout the year.
This is where these little individual ones come in! I love that you can make as many or as few as you need or would like of these. You can even cut them in half and make halves only. I promise these are just as good as the real thing too. They might be even better since you can add as many marshmallows as you like and you don’t have to worry about getting a piece with no marshmallows (am I right though?! haha) SO no matter how few or how many you plan to have for Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving this year this is the perfect recipe. Hope you guys enjoy it!
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 6 Sweet Potatoes
- 5 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup Pecans
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup Mini Marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash potatoes and dry. Poke a few holes in the potatoes and bake for about 45 minute.
- While the the potatoes are baking mix together the the butter, brown sugar and flour. Mix until it is crumbly looking. Then add in the cinnamon and pecans.
- Slice the sweet Potatoes lengthwise and push the ends in to create a little pocket. Stuff the potatoes with the brown sugar mixture and top with mini marshmallows.
- Bake for another 12-18 minutes or until marshmallows begin to brown.